Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Another tragic story of an athlete being stupid.


Okay, two of them, actually. First, let's address JJ Redick. Dude, you are about to be a first round draft pick, why are you driving drunk? Okay, from the reports, you only blew a .11, which really isn't bad. JJ could have had three beers, and he may be screwed there. And seeing as he has a reputation of being able to put them down, as we all could in college, he probably really was good to drive. I honestly mean that, and believe it's possible. It's my main issue with the DWI laws that put so much weight on your blood/alcohol level. Look, my dad weighs like 276 pounds, while I load up a measly 165. I can drink like 8 beers and still be pretty much in control of myself. Would I drive after 8 beers, no. Not because I am worried it's not safe, but because I know I would blow through the roof. My dad, on the other hand, can drink two beers, and be tipsy as all get out. See what I am saying? However, JJ made a very dumb mistake. You never, and the Great One means EVER pull a uey before a check point. You just lost any hope of talking your way out of it, dude. Stupid ass. When I was JJ's age, yes, I drank and drove quite a bit, and I'm not ashamed to say so. I was lucky to get through those years clean as a whistle, however. I was also smart enough to look out for what I was doing, and make the right moves. It's no coincidence. I have friends who were busted for passing out behind the wheel. Not while driving, while parked, but they were still dumb enough to do it. Me? Never caught. I was a 22 year old dumbass, for crying out loud, but I won't be a hypocrite now, and kill him for doing what I did hundreds of times. I will kill him for being stupid, though. A uey? Are you fucking serious? How did this dumbass make it through Duke? I want a full investigation launched into THAT!!

Then we have Big Ben. Dude, I am so sorry for what you are going through now. Would a helmet have helped him out, you're damned right. Would it have saved him all of this? Eh, I don't know, but it couldn't have hurt. He learned his lesson the hard way, though, and my thoughts are with him. I won't kill him for this, but if it were to happen a 2nd time, I would throttle him. Remember, he's a 22 year old kid, who just won the Super Bowl, and is set for life. Of course he feels invincible. Wouldn't all of us? Best of luck to him and his.

No comments: