Saturday, June 10, 2006

It's the World Cup Baby!!!

Oh yes, it's that time of year, er, it's that time of the 4th year that marks the start of the World Cup. While I have spent many an hour playing soccer (I was a 4 year starter for a very crappy high school varsity team, and then I played in CASL leagues for a few years), I have never been big on watching it. Either in person, or on TV. However, the World Cup is different. I absolutely love the World Cup.

I'm not fortunate enough to have HD at home, so I would love to hear if it makes a difference for soccer. There is a huge increase in viewing quality for hockey, so it makes sense to me that it would be the same for soccer.

So, my pick is the obvious one. Brazil. Ronaldo is good, but Ronaldinho is just nuts. Gonna be fun to watch them play together. Germany is always tough, but I don't see anyone beating team Brazil. Brazil opens play on Tuesday against Croatia, and the US opens up on Monday against the Czech Republic.

By the way, this is the best team the US has ever sent to the World Cup, so it will be interesting to see how they fare.

No comments: