Sunday, June 11, 2006

Game 3 - Spoilers!!!

So Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals went to the Oilers, just as I expected it to. I didn't expect the Canes to still be in the game like they were, and I didn't expect it to be a crap goal that sealed it either. Of course, they should have been up 2 - 0 a long time before that....

Extremely bad effort by the refs. Note to Magoo (I know that's not how you spell it), you are not supposed to decide the outcome of any game, let alone a Stanley Cup Finals game. What the hell was he doing last night? He blew so many calls, for both teams, it was retarded. Would I say that Edmonton got the benefit of most of those calls, yes, but they are the home team, with the storied history.

It was good to see Aaron Ward play well again. Seems like he has had a bad run lately, but last night he looked good to me. The more I watch Commodore play, the more I really like having him on our team. Now, if we could just get a good, physical defenseman, who can really bring the wood, we will be straight. That's really the only thing I think this team is lacking. When Cole is back next year, with Staal and hopefully Ladd on the same line, it will be sick.

No comments: