Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Get out and vote.

I'm not going to get into politics right now, but today is election day. In what has been billed one of the most important mid-term elections in a long time, the control of power on Capitol Hill could make a shift to the left today. While the Democrats are expected to gain the necessary seats in the House, it's looking like the Repubs will maintain in the Senate. No matter how you feel about President Bush or anyone else in an elected seat, this is your time to get out and make your voice heard.

While a registered independent, I am taking a different approach to voting this time around. I have grown sick and tired of all of the stupid advertisements from all of these idiots running for office. Thus, my angle tonight when I vote will be to, whenever possible, vote for the person whose name I don't recognize. All of these morons spending millions of dollars on mailings and yard signs have shown me that their business sense is extremely lacking. Not only do I get flyers in the mail every single day, but I get two of them because these buffoons also send them to my wife. And it's not like these ads tell you squat about the candidate who sent them. Oh no, that would be too intelligent for these guys. All they say is how the other guy got caught banging some stripper in Malibu or something. Give it a rest already. Do you really think I am going to make my decision based on whether or not someone got a little tail on the side while on a business trip or vacation?

Anyway, to make a long post short, get out and vote today. Vote for who you feel the strongest about, not for who your boss or your spouse or someone else is telling you to vote for. This is your voice being heard, not someone else's.

No comments: