Sunday, November 26, 2006

Off With His Head!!

Today is a dark day in West Raleigh, as at some point in the afternoon the ax is expected to be swung directly at Chuck Amato's neck. While a lot of people have been clamoring for this event for quite some time now, I for one am not one of them. I was hoping that Chuck could beat ECU, and then resign with some dignity left. While I am not quite sure where this dignity may have been hiding, there would have been some face saved by resigning after a win against the Pirates. Unfortunately for Coach Amato, his team did not deliver said win on Saturday night. It should be pointed out that I am not an Amato supporter, I have just not been calling for his head, until now. To end the season with a 2 - 9 record is completely unacceptable, even in a down year. There are zero signs of improvement in the program, as far as on the field play is concerned. There are zero signs of improvement in the recruiting game, either.

To sum it all up, this has been the absolute worst season in the history of the football program at NC State. The following pictures are from Red and White, and are symbolic of the attitude and demeanor that this team has shown. Take a look at the clock, and keep in mind that the decision to do this can only be made by the grounds crew (I think, but someone please correct me if I am wrong).



If it is not time for change now, then it will never be time for change.

No comments: